This article was written by my friend Suzie Wilson. You can catch up with her at Happierhome.net
Many people put their home-buying plans on pause during the initial outbreak of the coronavirus. But now that everyone’s figured out how to navigate the pandemic safely, people are eager to move forward with their real estate plans. Historically low interest rates are also prompting people to begin their house-hunting journey right now. There aren’t nearly enough homes on the market to meet this demand, driving prices up and shifting the tides in favor of the sellers.
If you’ve been thinking about selling your home, this could be one of the best times to do so! Here are some ways you can prepare your home for a fast sale.
Enhance Your Curb Appeal
Potential buyers will form an opinion of your home the moment they see the exterior. Make sure it’s a good first impression!
● Clean your home exterior to remove mold, mildew, and dirt from your siding and porches.
● Give your front door a fresh coat of paint. Homes with charcoal or smoky doors tend to sell for more money!
● Invest in a few landscaping upgrades to add interest to your front yard.
● Get a good wood chipper to turn messy yard waste into mulch for your garden beds.
Clean and Declutter
Cleaning your home and removing clutter is one of the quickest ways to make your space feel big, open, and inviting.
● Work with skilled professional organizers Bring Peace Home to categorize and organize your items.
● Pack away and store any distracting clutter, including knickknacks, personal collections, and family photos.
● Nothing will turn buyers away faster than a dirty bathroom, so make sure your bathrooms sparkle with cleanliness.
● Banish bad odors from every room of your home.
● If you have pets, tackle any pet stains ingrained in your carpets.
Show Your Home Virtually
Understandably, most buyers are doing their house hunting online these days. Make sure they can tour your home virtually!
● Prepare for virtual tours in the same way you would prepare for an in-person showing.
● After staging your home, learn how to take stunning real estate photos—or hire a pro!
● Post your photos and videos online with a captivating real estate listing description.
If you want to take advantage of the current seller’s market, you may have to act quickly. Get your home in shape and prepare to list it soon!