Selling Your Home in a Pandemic — How You Can Successfully Get It Done
This article was thoughtfully curated by my friend Natalie Jones. Visit her site for more tips at www.HomeownerBliss.info
Life has been more challenging of late, thanks to the pandemic, that even the simplest methods have been made more complicated. A prime example is the process of selling one’s home. The used-to-be-simple matter of listing it and having people come over to take a look at the house is now more complex with a barrage of tech tools involved. In the age of COVID-19, when staying safe is of utmost priority, there’s not much else to do but to adapt accordingly and leverage tech to successfully sell your home. Here’s how you can make that happen.
Preparing Your Home
Whether you’re selling your home online or off, taking measures to prepare it is the key to attracting the right kind of buyers and ultimately closing the sale. Of course, the chance to stand out among the competition can’t hurt either.
● Know that prepping and staging for virtual showings is no different from preparing for an in-person open house.
● You’ll want to declutter the property to make it more attractive to potential buyers.
● Consider getting fresh eyes to look at your organizing efforts by booking a consultation.
● A thorough cleaning will also ensure that the property looks great on camera.
● Of course, don’t forget to improve curb appeal to create a wonderful first impression.
Presenting Your Home
Selling your home in the pandemic requires you to get creative on how you show it to the world. After all, no in-person visits mean that the house can’t sell itself. In this case, a mix of tech and artistry is exactly what you need to present your home at its absolute best online.
● Selling your home online involves relying heavily on eye-catching photos and videos.
● Consider getting professional photos done to enhance your home’s selling points, remove imperfections, etc.
● Shooting real estate videos also require a great deal of thought and planning as you aim to convey a real feel for the space.
● 3D walkthroughs is a more cost-effective and simplified alternative, yet still hits the mark.
Promoting Your Home
With so many properties for sale listed at any given time, it can be all too easy for yours to fly under the radar, unnoticed. Promoting your home adequately will guarantee that you avoid listing limbo and get your home successfully sold in no time.
● Selling in the pandemic has plenty of implications, making it important to elevate your marketing efforts as much as you can.
● As you use videos and other media to promote your home, you’ll want to make use of effective video marketing tips.
● The key is to not oversell or undersell your property, so you’ll want to strike a balance.
While selling your home as the coronavirus rages on is well within the realm of possibility, it’s also not something you can take lightly. But if you keep an open mind, turn to technology, and take great pains to offer up a truly beautiful property, there’s just no way you can go wrong.
Photo via Pexels.com